(My life in DC )

...and everywhere else...

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Working Christmas Night Away! (just like Santa)

It's Christmas day. It's 1 am. I'm at work.

Not what I would call the best case scenario but it will have to do. Tomorrow, after a long night of work tonight, is our first (and maybe last depending on how it goes) annual "Day After Christmas" party. I think we sent out about 40 invites and so far about 20 "sorry we can't make it because (Insert generic excuse such as the in-laws are going to be in, the weather is supposed to be bad, I'll be to hungover, I may have to poop that day)" so it may be just us and about 300 dollars of wine and food, mostly wine.

But I remain optimistic, not about the party but about the wine and besides Saturday I'll be off to get some fish for my new aquarium! and all that wine...

So apparently it seems Friday will end up being about 7 or so gusts and one over tired and rapidly drunk Draffish. Is it really that tacky to get sloshed at your own party? what about just one of the hosts? is that even more tacky? Probably... but then again I've never really paid too much attention to my state of tackiness, besides I usually can't avoid getting a little tipsy after only four hours sleep.

To be honest, anyway it goes it should be fun, at least I won't be at work!

and on that note Merry Freaking Christmas! NORAD says Santa will be here soon!!!!!!!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... so it's wrong to get drunk at your own party? I guess I'm not a good host either... but that doesn't mean I plan on making a change! WE are having a new year's party and I plan to be just as drink as last year :) Merry Christmas!