(My life in DC )

...and everywhere else...

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Juice

Why is it that at 7 in the morning, when I am just on the verge of falling asleep (I work a night shift, so I spend most of my waking time between 3 pm and 7 am) that my mind comes forth with huge monologs that I should really put down on paper though, do to an overwhelming need for sleep, I never do. Then night falls and I find myself facing another ten hour shift with usually little to do but read the news and check my email (or lately read Abe Lincolns biography, a wonderful book I might add though dryish) and I cannot remember for the life of me all of those wonderful thoughts that faded into dreams, sometimes coloring the dreams ( I really enjoy when I fall asleep thinking about something then dream about it also, I try to think about pirate's and superpowers a lot (like in that story about that kid that could point and make a red spot appear on things, though that’s not much of a super power I guess, what book was that and why did I read it?) though I avoid the dirty thoughts because they tend to keep me awake) anyway I got sidetracked there.
The creative juices seem to come at the most inopportune moments. another instance is of late I have been seen things in that viewfinder way again, something I have not done in quite a while, where everywhere I find myself I see wonderfully composed photos, or what would be wonderfully composed photos if I could afford a camera. Why did I sell it again? Oh ya... cash. I do have a camera actually though the whole buying film and developing them without my own dark room has lost its appeal for me, I really should put together a dark room... all those years studying and teaching photography out of the window...
And so, I started a blog to help cull out these so called juices in a coherent (and free) form, and as I sit here at the computer, nothing worth putting in the public eye (if there is a public that will see this) comes to mind. C'est la vie.

No comments: