(My life in DC )

...and everywhere else...

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Weekend Event

This weekend promises to be either

a: Entertaining and chalk full of ideas.
or
b: frustrating and disappointing.

*note, both choice a and b contain copious amounts of wine, the great equalizer.


Why?

We're going to the DC home and Garden Show at the Washington Convention Center. Why would this fall into category b? well it may be crap and just make me think that other folks just have a lot nicer things and are a lot better at doing things then I.

No use on dwelling though, I am convinced it will be well worth the trip (plus, afterwards we're going to actually eat at a restaurant that is NOT within walking distance of the house! and of course theirs always the drink!). I usually find these shows at least good for inspiration and an education on the new products on the market. Also it's a cheap day out at 9 smackers to get in (per adult) it's less then a movie! (food and booze not included of course) With saving the green being a good thing, I like the sound of that. Also winters over and it's time to get out there, time to start that garden (which I have decided to chronicle on a new blog "Growing Indecently, A Bad Seeds Gardening Stories") . I am also addicted to home improvement (which if you ask K she'll probably insert the word unfortunately in there somewheres) so anything to do with fixing or improving the old abode and I am there.

So This Saturday we're going jump on the old Metro for a short trip to Mt Vernon and see what can be seen. Then off for little fun downtown somewhere. It's been so long I can't even think of a decent place to go for dinner and drinks...

I'll pass on my thoughts after the show (if I don't wash them away shortly afterwards that is...)


Cheers!

2 comments:

rachaelgking said...

I've actually never been to Mount Vernon! Perfect weekend day as soon as it gets a little warmer...

Draffish said...

LiLu,
I agree about Mt. Vernon I've never been there either! Unfortunately this was the metro stop :( not actually Mt Vernon.