(My life in DC )

...and everywhere else...

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Home Work


I've been busy of late, so it's taken me a while to get an update together. So here it is.

I've been painting the house, I started and finished the living room as well as the dining room. which is a little bit darker of a gray then in this pic, I added the cove molding too. Now I just need to do the ceiling , but thats going to wait till the whole first floor is painted.

I still haven't fixed the hole in the kitchen ceiling and to be honest I may pay to have it done. I tried twice now and had to remove both attempts due to it looking like a drunken 3 year old did it, I have a real joint compound abuse problem... Besides it's nice looking right there above our stove. And yes, that IS a sewer pipe.




Today I woke up at 2 p.m. because I wanted to get a jump on the stairway before going to work. So I woke up let out the animals and started taping off the stairs. It takes a while to tape off stairs. It takes two hours... Mainly for the banisters....

Tomorrow I am planning on priming the trim, or at least starting to, one of the problems I keep running into is the crappy painting skills of the last owner. I am assuming the stage painted the house in a hurry and in doing so they managed to splatter, drip and drop paint on every hardwood surface in the house. So as I paint I need to carry a scrapper around with me to lightly scratch off the old drips, trying not to remove the woods finish. Not an easy or fast chore. But it's getting better, slowly... I discovered that he didn't even bother to tape off the bottom of the banisters so I need to scrape the entire length, I'm going to have to refinish those I just know it... I REALLY don't want to have to do the floors anytime soon, it runs about 900$ a room to have them done, thats a lot.

So thats the update. Not a lot going on, well not a lot thats exciting to anyone but me I guess.

Cheers!

No comments: